2008-09-14

We have finished two academic weeks and start the third one tomorrow. Observations for the last week:

  1. I can get a lot of work done during the mornings when I am not in class and during times between classes.

  2. Many first year students are needy, wanting my attention, or asking me to tell them things they could discover on their own.

  3. Many first year students want or demand immediate feedback if at all possible.


Solutions:

  1. Be thankful, use the time and don't take work home.

  2. Help them learn where to look for answers.

  3. Encourage and support them to use computer-based training. It is set up to give immediate feedback.


I need to pay more attention to the internal and external signs about my role, my direction and my goals. Can I become a better teacher? What does it mean to be a good teacher or a better teacher? Do I want to be a better teacher?
I also need to know how to adjust the style sheet for these blogs. There is far too much white space.

No comments: